1901 Ave of the Stars, #620
Los Angeles, CA 90067
The Quantinal NPL Portfolio Valuation Process
- Convert database into useable Excel format;
- "Scrub" the data by standardizing data within
fields, checking for errors, and creating calculations (e.g. Balance /
- Create detailed stratifications on all relevant
- Select loans to underwrite;
- Customize underwriting template (UWT), if needed, to fit requirements of assets in the portfolio;
- Create UWT's by automatically downloading as much data as possible from the data tape provided.
- Review partially and fully completed UWT's to review for accuracy, completeness, and logical conclusions;
- Roll up completed UWT's to get sense of values: in total, by underwriter, property type, performance status,...;
- Update data changes as they come in. If needed write a macro to automatically update the data in the UWT's.
- Roll up all UWT's;
- Extrapolate cash flows on non underwritten assets;
- Run cash flows through any debt structures, equity waterfalls, FDIC splits after deducting asset management, servicing, disposition fees to calculate net IRR and price;
- Create price/yield tables;
- Run sensitivities based on timing and amount of cash flows.